My teacher requires us to update our TAFE journal.
I thought I would aim to recall what I’ve learnt thus (saying ‘thus’ makes me think of Dumbledore) far in my course in 5 different ways.
- I’ve learnt that you can create awesome pictures with just using the simple device of information that everyone carries in their pocket. Your phone.
- Talking to strangers can be fun! Well fun to a degree, kind of like asking a guy out but he refuses because he doesn’t trust you.
- Sometimes things don’t go to plan. Many times I’ve had these great ideas that for some reason just don’t pan out. But I am slowly learning that it’s okay. Failure is an option because it makes you better. Something that I am also learning to handle.
- Interviewing people you have admired doesn’t mean they will be humble. I had the pleasure to interview a well known scientist, who has plenty of coverage around Australia and I would say is a familiar household name. But meeting him was a completely different ball game. I thought he would be so easy going, yet the way he handled ‘a fresh faced student’ interviewing for the first time was quite frustrating. I shall reflect on this when I release the video.
- Still got no clue where to go from here. Do I continue to study? Do I get a full time job? I love taking photos and interviewing people but editing is also great. I’ve contemplated looking into film and TV but for now, I feel like I’m standing naked through a windy door frame trying to decide which other door in front of me will take me to a warmer clothed place.
Journalism is a dying trade.
Well rather that it is being so easily dispensed and just about anyone these days can call themselves a journalist. Although some people would say Journalists are dirty, horrible, exploitative aliens. Someone has to do it.
Is anyone else suffering from this disorder? the I-don’t-know-what-I’m-doing-with-my-life disorder. I’ve been suffering for more than 8 years.
Maybe I should start a support group for us lonely folk. The silent and loud sufferers can collaborate and help each other through the hardships and complex issues of these times.
Welcome to I-don’t-know-what-I’m-doing-with-my-life ANON.